Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Library Showcase and Kidsfest

Well, after some changes in scheduling I was able to attend the Library Showcase in Montgomery last Tuesday. I had a wonderful time and let me tell you there are some GREAT entertainers in our state. My face was honestly hurting from so much laughing and smiling.

I was very nervous, but the stories that I have put together for the Summer Reading Program this summer fit so well with the Catch the Reading Bug Theme, that I really felt like it would be well received. And it was. I have already started booking library shows and registration events. I am excited to be able to share this unique presentation with the children and parents alike.

This past Saturday I was able to participate in Kidsfest 2008 which was put together by Jay Carr of Birmingham Kids Directory in Birmingham, Alabama. I offered free facepainting if the parents were willing to sign a photo release and so I have some new photos to put on the website. Look for those to go up on Thursday of this week to the Myspace site and a link from our main www.starshinefaces.com site. I was excited to be able to paint another pregnant belly while there. Our "festival bellies" are not as detailed as our regular painted bellies, but they give you an idea of what we can do to make your pregnancy experience a little more colorful.

Elaine of Painted Personalities was there as well and it was good to catch up with her for the brief few minutes we had before the event started. She was able to stay all day (I had to leave for a birthday party that afternoon), and based on the crowd, I know she was busy all day.

Check back in for updates on what is coming up next, what libraries we will be at this summer, and for updates on new photo postings of facepainting in Alabama.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw you at the Library Showcase and thought you did a great job. I am looking forward to seeing you at one of the libraries this summer.