Search This Blog

Friday, June 20, 2008

Talladega Superspeedway

I can't believe that I never put an update for the Talladega Race we painted in April. I posted the pictures at our My Space site and you can also see more photos at our main website of http://www.starshinefaces.com/.

We were hired to paint in the KidsZone and let me tell you, I had a blast. I had never been the race before and I was AMAZED at the number people who were there. I was also impressed with how the KidsZone area was set up. In order to enter the area you had to have a child with you and the entrance area was watched by not only a KidsZone volunteer, but I also saw a police officer who would keep an eye on the area as well. There were bathrooms just for our area which was great for the kids and their parents.

We painted all kinds of different designs. The tire track, flames of all kinds, and of course the car numbers in various designs were our most popular. We had a few butterflies, lions, tigers, and fairies, as well. We even painted one Ricky Bobby Wonder Bread design :) With two painters, we didn't have a long line at any one time which suprised me considering the number of people who attended the race. We painted a lot of parents as well. On Sunday we let the parents know that we would paint s if there weren't any kids in line. That worked out really well.

Shanda and I had a great time and lots of fun being creative with smaller designs. I hope that the KidsZone coordinators were pleased with our work and enjoyed being painted as much as we enjoyed painting them. We will let you know if we are invited back so you can look for us.

No comments: